Twitter has released an official Twitter plugin for WordPress that will allow sites powered by the popular publishing platform to easily embed Twitter content and expand their reach on the social platform.
Visit WordPress.org to download and install the new plugin, which comes with a number of features and add-ons that should provide an immediate boost to your website.
The Twitter plugin for WordPress optimizes your website for a Twitter audience through easy to use sharing buttons, embedded Tweets, auto-generated markup indexed by Twitter, and Follow buttons to help grow your Twitter audience. All features are deeply integrated with WordPress APIs to make building your webpages and administrative features as easy as possible with the extensibility you expect from WordPress.
- Embedded Tweet — customize backgrounds and color schemes to match your site’s theme
- Embedded Twitter video — showcase video uploaded to Twitter
- Tweet button — simple sharing of your site’s content on Twitter
- Twitter Cards — highlight your site’s content when shared on Twitter
- Twitter Analytics — track impressions and top distributors of your site’s content on Twitter
- Follow button — grow your Twitter audience
- Twitter ads conversion tracking — easily track actions on your WordPress site triggered by a Twitter ad or build a custom targeting audience
Twitter developer advocate Niall Kennedy writes about what to expect on the official Twitter blog.