Today’s Partner Perspectives post comes to us courtesy of our friends at Orange Collar Media.To read more about eCommerce website design and development, check out the Orange Collar blog.
How to announce a new site launch
You launched your site. Now what? Orange Collar Media brings you how to announce a new site launch.
Many of our clients ask us the best way to introduce their new site to their customers, so we gathered some of the tactics that have worked best for them. The launch of a new site is a great time to reconnect with your most valued customers and tell people about your brand and what you offer. Here are a few ways to announce to the world that your company has a brand new site.
1. Press Releases– Tried and true. Press releases work to get your word out. The most important thing about sending a press release out into the world is to follow a PR format. Just stick to the facts, and let the world absorb it.
2. Blogs- For weeks before the launch until after create a buzz about your new site. Talk about what platform your using, what new features it will have, or how great the design is.
3. Guest Blog– Have a guest blog published on a site relating to your industry. For instance if Orange Collar Media was launching a new website we would try to get a blog on Tech Crunch or Magento to explain what’s important and cool about our new website. Getting your information out from a platform other than your own gives your site credibility and helps with SEO.
4. Pop Up letting people know you have a new site– Many of our clients will have a pop up that opens up on someone’s first visit. This is a capability within Magento but you will need your Solution partner to design and set it up for you. There are 3rd parties that offer this service too such as Listrak. For an example go to www.just4mypet.com
5. Ask for Feedback– Get your customers involved and ask them how they like the new site. They may suggest some really great tweaks you may not have thought of. There are 3rd parties such as e-Accountable,
6. Find a list of your most valuable customers– recent shoppers, customers signed up for your emails, and even friends and family. Introduce the new site to them first and offer a coupon code.
7. Newsletter blast announcing new site and a new discount that comes with it! Point out all of the new features, how they can create an account, and why its easier to shop on your new site.
8. Social Media– Places like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest end up being great places to make big announcements. Dont forget to add your hashtags #hashtag
9. Promote via landing page. If your using Magento you can create landing pages quickly and easily.
10. Keywords/SEO make sure your new site is loaded with the right keywords, meta tags, and # of characters throughout your site. Orange Collar Media can help you create your keyword list and landing pages via our support program.