In 2008, Pat Flynn was happily employed by an architectural firm. And then, like a lot of people in 2008, just like that … out of a job.
It was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Since that point, Pat has built a business that supports his family through blogging and podcasting. And he’s just getting started.
Rather than some “Master of the Universe” type, Pat shares with you that (like most of us in this industry) he was initially scared and winging it. But it wasn’t long until he had the confidence to take the next step, and then the next … all by simply putting in the work and being consistent.
Listen in to Pat’s story and the specific steps he took to go from broke and unknown to running his own new media business. This was my first conversation with Pat, and I was impressed by not only his knowledge and business savvy, but how genuine he is.
In this 42-minute episode Pat Flynn and I discuss:
- His primary (and very simple) content strategy
- Why getting laid off was the best thing that happened to him
- The critical role of mindset in business (online or off)
- The podcast that inspired him to start up
- Why he started a second, 5-day-a-week podcast
- How much he makes from each of his podcasts
- The real power of a podcast-centered content strategy
Or, grab it in iTunes.
Image by Ramiro Checchi
The post Pat Flynn on Entrepreneurial Inspiration and His Profitable Content Strategy appeared first on Copyblogger.