It’s a common wisecrack around the Copyblogger virtual office.
This whole content marketing thing would be a lot simpler if someone else would just write all the content.
Whether you’re a writer or not, it’s just a fact that a solid content marketing strategy needs lots and lots of words. Well-crafted, interesting words, assembled into a strategic plan that moves prospects along the path from stranger to happy customer.
It isn’t always easy to find the person to write those words. Which is probably why we get so many queries from people asking,
And the answer to that question is: Yes, yes we do.
I’m tickled to let you know about a new resource for those of you who need to hire smart, capable, savvy writers. These are the first graduates from Copyblogger Media’s Certified Content Marketer program:
How do the writers get certified?
These writers have taken an in-depth course, created by Brian Clark, on the essentials of content strategy. The course covers:
- Advanced content strategy
- How to strategize and create content that ranks well in search engines
- How to use social media to boost the effectiveness of content
- How to use email as the “conversion key” to turn fans into customers
- The keys to unlocking maximum results for clients
… and more essential techniques and strategies for putting effective content marketing together.
Each writer on this page has then submitted their application to our writing team for evaluation. A senior-level Copyblogger staff writer carefully reviews each application for:
- Writing style, voice, and clarity
- Understanding of key elements of content marketing
- Mastery of persuasive copywriting technique
- Professionalism and polish
So if you’re looking for a writer who understands the art of writing and the business of content marketing, this would be a smart place to find one.
What does Copyblogger get out of this?
We do charge the writers a moderate tuition fee to take the course and submit their application. (Just like with a college class, you pay your tuition whether or not you receive a passing grade for the course.)
We do not, however, gain any commissions or referral fees from these writers in exchange for sending them your way. We also don’t charge businesses for hiring our writers.
We actually had two main reasons for creating the program:
- To take solid writers and help them become great marketers,
- And to facilitate that connection between talented writers and the businesses who need them.
Because content marketing without great content is just … sad, pointless spam. We know content can be so much more than that, but we also saw that businesses absolutely needed trained writers to make that happen.
Not all of us are professional writers — and sometimes it just makes sense to call in a pro. If that’s what you need to to do, here’s where we suggest you start.
And do check back from time to time — new writers are being added weekly as they complete their application review.
If you want to know more about what a well-qualified writer can do for your business, you might want to check out this post:
Are you a talented professional writer who wants to join the program?
Access to the Certification program is limited, but we expect to run the course again before the end of the year.
To find out when, just make sure you’ve signed up for our free online marketing course and ebooks. We’ll drop you a line when we’re ready for new students.
Creative Commons image by Trinesh Champaneri. Some rights reserved.
The post Announcing: A New Resource for Those Who Need Great Content appeared first on Copyblogger.
- Beyond Niches: Tap Into This Psychological Driver to Create the Ultimate Message
- 5 Subtle Writing Strategies That Drive Email Signups
- No Blog Traffic? Here’s a Simple Strategy to Seduce Readers and Win Clients